High waist shorts are the go to casual, street style chic look but often getting the perfect one for your body type and matching it with the right top can be pretty hard and if done the wrong way it can end up making you look like a disaster.
The first important thing is to understand your body proportions to choose the right high waist short.
- If you have a short torso you need to look for shorts that don’t go too far above your waistline otherwise it will make your body look in-proportionate.
- High waste shorts make your legs look longer but sometimes even the shorts are too short. If from the bottom of the shorts the hem is visible than that means your short is too short for your legs
- High waste shorts hide your tummy to make it look flat so you don’t have to worry about being your tummy sticking out.
The next important step is to choose the right belt or no belt.
- If you’re wearing a long top then the belt won’t be visible so you don’t need one. Still you could use one for extra support if your shorts are loose.
- If you’re wearing a short top or your top is tucked in the shorts you should wear a belt to make it look more stylish. What type of belt you use entirely depends upon your top.
The last important decision to make is choosing the perfect top. There a wide variety of tops that you can choose to wear with high waist shorts
- Wear a t-shirt top for a casual look
- You can wear crop tops. They are stylish and sassy
- Wear a button down full sleeve collared blouse to bring out a vintage style
- Check dress shirt tucked in give you a classy tom-boy look.